Main Article Content
Background: A first episode of psychosis is the primary point in time a person experiences a psychotic period. it is frequently very confusing. frightening and distressing, particularly for the reason that it is an unusual experience. unluckily, there are moreover many negative misconceptions and stereotypes linked with psychosis that can additional to one’s distress. Aim of the study Investigate the association between some inflammatory biomarkers with first episode psychosis (FEP) and to find out the correlation with different socio demographic profile
Methods: A case-control study was involve patients with first episode psychosis and healthy control. peripheral Blood samples collected from 44 cases they were attending AL-Hakeem General hospital, Psychiatric Department, in the period between January, 2019 to may, 2019. the cases included females and males, and the age was 18-70 years. Control: 44 healthy controls who had no history or clinical evidence of fist episode psychosis or any other disease.
Results: revealed that increase in the level of Interlaken β1, and decrease PGJ-2 among FEP patients (1591.8±108.6, and 3.82±0.36) respectively in comparison to control were mean (554.8±54.8, and 9.94±0.67).
Conclusion: The inflammatory response is an immune system that allow the individual to cope with various menacing advise, but in long-lasting conditions and pathological, the continuous of this stimulate could develop into harmful. The regulation of the all development involves endogenous counter-balancing mechanisms that control special effects of deleterious pro inflammatory mediators. information showing a misbalance in some pro inflammatory/anti inflammatory in blood of person with FES.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- -Dantzer R, O'Connor JC, Freund GG, Johnson RW, Kelley KW. (2008) From inflammation to sickness and depression: when the immune system subjugates the brain. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2008 Jan;9(1):46-56.
- - Scher, J. U., and Pillinger, M. H. (2009). The anti-inflammatory effects of prostaglandins. . Am J Psychiatry ; 16:1-56.
- - Tsuang, M.T., Bar, J.L., Stone, W.S., et al., 2004. Gene-environment interactions in mental disorders. World Psychiat. 3, 83 -99
- - Brugger SP, Howes OD(2017). Heterogeneity and homogeneity of regional brain structure in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis. JAMA Psychiatry.;74:1104–11
- - Weickert, C.S., Weickert, T.W., Pillai, A., et al., (2013). Biomarkers in schizophrenia: a brief conceptual consideration. Dis. Markers 35, 3–9.
- - Watanabe, Hunot, Omori, CHurchill, furukawa,(2017) Treating depression with physical activity in adolescents and young adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials Oct 2017 PSYCHOL MED
- - Anne K., Allebeck P., Engström A. (2008) Cannabis and schizophrenia. A longitdinal study of Swedish conscripts. Lancet (London, England) 2:1486
- - Bent G. 2009 Complement activation in experimental and human temporal lobe epilepsy. Neurobiol.Dis.;26:497–511.
- - Rachel D. (2012) The psychosis screening questionnaire. Int. J. Method. Psych. ;5:19.
- - Holmes SE, Hinz R, Drake RJ, Gregory CJ, Conen S, Matthews JC et al.(2016) In vivo imaging of brain microglial activity in antipsychotic‐free and medicated schizophrenia: a [11C](R)‐PK11195 positron emission tomography study.. Schizophr Res 151(1–3):29–35.10.1016
- - Susana Ochoa.(2012) The environment and susceptibility to schizophrenia. Prog. Neurobiol. ;93:23–58.
- - jesus cobo. (2013) Clinical and laboratory evidence of autoimmunity in acute schizophrenia. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. ;496:685
- - Gabriel A. (2008) Cytokines in schizophrenia and the effects of antipsychotic drugs. Brain Behav. Immun. ;20:545.
- - Akcan, U., Karabulut, S., İsmail Küçükali, C., et al., (2017). Bipolar disorder patients display reduced serum complement levels and elevated peripheral blood complement expression levels. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 1–9
- - Baumeister D, Akhtar R, Ciufolini S, Pariante CM, Mondelli V. (2016) Childhood trauma and adulthood inflammation: a meta-analysis of peripheral C-reactive protein, interleukin-6 and tumour necrosis factor-α. Mol Psychiatry 21(5):642–9.10.
- - Goldsmith DR, Rapaport MH, Miller BJ.(2016) A meta‐analysis of blood cytokine network alterations in psychiatric patients: comparisons between schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression.. Schizophr Bull 40(5):963–72.10.1093
- - Ingram G., Hakobyan S., Harris C.L.(2012) Systemic complement profiling in multiple sclerosis as a biomarker of disease state. Mult. Scler. ;18:1411.
- - Gurillo P., Jauhar S., Murray R.M. (2015) Does tobacco use cause psychosis? Systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Psychiat. 2:725.
- - Hong S., Beja-Glasser V.F., Nfonoyim B.M (2016) Complement and microglia mediate early synapse loss in Alzheimer mouse models. Science. ;352:716.
- - Al-Yasiri, Israa K., Al-Mousawi, Jaafar K., Al- Mohana, Ali M. (2013) ''Evaluation of Some Immunological and Molecular Techniques for Early Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis''. PhD thesis College of Medicine / University of Kufa. American Association for Clinical Chemistry ©2001 - 2016.American College of Rheumatology. (Feb. 2016) ''Rheumatoid arthritis
- - Ke J, Yang Y, Che Q, Jiang F, Wang H, Chen Z, Zhu M, Tong H, Zhang H, (September 2016). Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) promotes proliferation and invasion by enhancing SUMO-1 activity via EP4 receptor in endometrial cancer World Psychiat. 3, 13
- - Khoury MJ.2017 Relationship between medical genetics and public health: changing the paradigm of disease prevention and the definition of a genetic disease Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 63(5):595–612.10.1111
- - Lenz KM, Nugent BM, Haliyur R, McCarthy MM (February 2013). Microglia are essential to masculinization of brain and behavioThe Journal of Biological Chemistry. 282 (26): 18960–8
- - Kirkbride, J.B., Jones, P.B., Ullrich, S., Coid, J.W., 2014. Social deprivation, inequality, and the neighborhood-level incidence of psychotic syndromes in East London
- - Lefrançais E, Roga S, Gautier V, Gonzalez-de-Peredo A, Monsarrat B, Girard JP (January 2012). IL-33 is processed into mature bioactive forms by neutrophil elastase and cathepsin G. . Human Molecular Genetics. 19 (23): 4694–704.
- -Fawzi, M. H., Fawzi, M. M., and Said, N. S. (2011). C-reactive protein serum level in drug-free male Egyptian patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 190, 91–97.
- - Klos, A.; Wende, E.; Wareham, K. J.; Monk, P. N. (2013). International Union of Pharmacology. LXXXVII. Complement Peptide C5a, C4a, and C3a ReceptorsProc Natl Acad Sci U S A. ;150:791–797.
- - McDonald‐McGinn DM, Sullivan KE, Marino B, Philip N, Swillen A, Vorstman JA, et al. (2015) 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Mol Psychiatry ; 20:150-1
- - BorjaGarcía-Bueno1Javier R.Caso2Juan C.Leza(2008) Stress as a neuroinflammatory condition in brain: Damaging and protective mechanismsProc Natl Acad Sci U S A. ;152:2971–7376
- - Schneider M, Debbane M, Bassett AS, Chow EW, Fung WL, van den Bree M et al.(2014) Psychiatric disorders from childhood to adulthood in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: results from the International Consortium on Brain and Behavior in 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. J Exp Clin Med ; 4:98e102.
- - Bloomfield PS, Selvaraj S, Veronese M, Rizzo G, Bertoldo A, Owen DR et al. (2016) Microglial activity in people at ultra high risk of psychosis and in schizophrenia: an [11C]PBR28 PET brain imaging study. Schizophr Bull. ;32: 715-723.
- - Skoluda N, Strahler J, Schlotz W, et al (2015). Intra-individual psychological and physiological responses to acute laboratory stressors of different intensity. Psychoneuroendocrinology.;51:227–36
- - Sobis J, Rykaczewska-Czerwinska M, Swietochowska E, Gorczyca P. (2015)Therapeutic effect of aripiprazole in chronic schizophrenia is accompanied by anti-inflammatory activity. Pharmacol Rep.;67:353–9.
- - Fillman SG, Weickert TW, Lenroot RK, Catts SV, Bruggemann JM, Catts VS, Weickert CS(2016). Elevated peripheral cytokines characterize a subgroup of people with schizophrenia displaying poor verbal fluency and reduced Broca’s area volume. Mol Psychiatry.;21:1090–98
- - Dieset I, Haukvik UK, Melle I, Rossberg JI, Ueland T, Hope S, Dale AM, Djurovic S, Aukrust P, Agartz I, Andreassen OA. (2015) Association between altered brain morphology and elevated peripheral endothelial markers—implications for psychotic disorders. Schizophr Res.;161:222–8