Main Article Content
Alpha blockers are characterize as one of the most therapies that used for treatment of several condition such as Raynaud's disease, hypertension, scleroderma , and one of the most treatments for treated continuing pelvic pain syndrome- continuing prostatitis and also be used to treat anxiety and panic disorder such as generalized anxiety, posttraumatic stress disorder (Raskind, et al.,2003) . This study was conducted at the laboratory of department of biology, faculty of science/university of Kufa , 40 male rats that was used. The present study was conducted to investigate the effect of Prazosin hydrochloride on some organs in male rats (Rattus norvegicus), after administration of prazosin hydrochloride at three doses (25,50,75) mg/kg b.wt. for eight-weeks, prazosin revealed significant decreased at (p ˂0.05) the hemoglobin concentration, red blood cell account, packed cell volume , and erythropoietin hormone but a significant increased at (P˂0.05) in the levels of erythrocyte sedimentation rate of the blood, when compred with control group,the levels of HDL showed significant increment at (P˂0.05) in group that gives low dose (50 and 75)mg/kg b.wt. when compared with control, but significant decline at (P˂0.05) in the levels of very low density lipoprotein in group that gives low dose of prazosin (25)mg/kg b.wt. when equaled with control group, the levels of LDL and VLDL revealed significant decreased at (P˂0.05) in groups that gives moderate and high doses.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Canaris GJ, Manowitz NR, Mayor G, Ridgway C, (2000). The Colorado thyroid disease prevalence study. Arch Intern Med 160: 526-534.
- Duntas, LH.( 2002). Thyroid disease and lipids. Thyroid 12: 287-293.
- Ferrari, P. and Weidmann, P.(1990). Insulin, insulin sensitivity and hypertension. J, Hyperrens;8:491-500.
- Fossati, P. and Prencipe, L. L. (1982). Serum triglycerides determined colorimetrically with an enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide. Clin. Chem., 28: 2077-2080.
- Frishman ,WH and Jorde ,U .(2000) .β-adrenergic blockers. In: Oparil S & Weber MA (eds) Hypertension. Companion to Brenner’s and Rector’s the kidney. W.B. Saunders Company, London, 590–594.
- Izaguirre i, V.; Vargas, M.; Len-Velarde, E.;, Huicho, L.; Monge L, C.; Barce, A.C.; Alippi, R.M. and Bozzini, C.E.(1994). Inhibitory effect of an l-adrenergic antagonist on erythropoiesis in normoxic or hypoxic mice. Int J Clin Lab Res 24:213-216.
- Jansen, H. and Baggen, ROA. (1987). Effects ofdoxazosin and propranolol administration on lipoprotein lipases in cholesterol-fed rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 10 (suppl 9), S16.
- Kourge, S.T. and Bendrurant, M.C. (1992). The molecular mechanism of erythropoietin action.Eur.J.Biochem.; 10-649-656.
- Lacombe, C. (1982).Preitubular are site of erythropoietin synthesis in murine hypoxia kidney.J.Clin Invest.; 81: 620-626.
- Lehtonen, A.; Himanen, P.; Saraste, M.; Niittymaki, K. and Marniemi, J. (1986). Double-blind comparison of the effects of long-term treatment with doxazosin or atenolol on serum lipoproteins. Br J Clin Pharmacol2 I, 77s.
- Makino, O. P.; Tsuta, H. T. and Takata, T. J. (2000). Relationship between blood lead level and urinary lead level in Workers exposed to very low levels workers exposed to very low level of lead. Ind. Health, 38 (1) :95-8 .
- Mathie, I.; Lsabel, G; Fadila, S.; and Rick, G.(2012). Abbott a promise for life. Com, Case book; (1-91).
- Moffat, A.C.; Osselton, M.D., and Widdop, B. (2005).Clarke҆s Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Pharmaceutical press.
- Mohammed, W. S.; Hamam, A. M. and Tohamy, M. M. (1998). Some Reproductive and Blood Parameters of female Rabbit given different dose lead acetate. J. Union Arab Bio. Cairo, A : 389-399.
- Neal B, MacMahon, S, and Chapman, N. (2000).Effects of ACE inhibitors, calcium antagonists, and other blood-pressure-lowering drugs: results of prospectively designed overviews of randomised trials. Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists' Collaboration. Lancet.356 (9246):1955-64.
- Ogawa, M. (1993). Differentiation and proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells. Blood; 81: 2844–53.
- Pool, JL. (1987).Plasma lipid lowering effects of doxazosin, a new selective alpha, adrenergic inhibitor for systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol 59, 46G.
- Pool, JL. (2000). α-Adrenoceptor blockers. In: Oparil S and Weber MA (eds) Hypertension: Companion to Brenner’s and Rector’s the kidney. W.B. Saunders Company, London, 595–599.
- Richmond, W. (1973). Preparation and Properties of Cholesterol Oxidase from Nocardia species and its Applications to the Enzymatic Assay of Total Cholesterol in Serum. Clin. Chem., 19:1350-1356.
- Stamler ,R.; Stamler, J.; Gosch, FC.; Berkson ,DM.; Dyer, AR. and Hershinow, P.(1989). Initial antihypertensive drug therapy- a comparison of alpha-blocker (prazosin( and diuretic (hydrochlorothiazide). Am J Med 1989;86( lB):24-25.
- Steel, R. O. D. and Torrie, J.I.I. (1960). Principles and produces of statistics. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company. USA.
- Sty, j.R. and Conway, J.J. (1985). The spleen: development and functional evalution, Nucl Med.; 15; 276-298.
- Tietz, N.W. (1999).Text book of Clinical Chemistry, 3rd Ed., C.A. Burtis, E.R. Ashwood, W.B. Saunders . 703-1699.
- Zelefsky, J.R. and Stephen, A.O. (2010). Garact and Glaucoma In: The Glaucoma book: apractical; evidence basal approach to patient care schav know, P.N. and John, R. (ed.) . 1st (ed.) Springer Sceince and Business media. LLc., Newyork, PP: 889-892