Main Article Content
Background: Fibroids are common problem for women in elderly reproductive age. Aim: The present study aimed at assessing abdominal myomectomy for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids. Methodology: The present retrospective study was conducted from 22 June 2020 to 23 July 2021 at Mayo Hospital, Lahore. Females undergone abdominal myomectomy with age 30 to 50 years were included. The primary and secondary outcomes were defined and assessed to evaluate the procedure. Results: The findings indicate that 32 (62.74%) of the patients showed successful outcome for menorrhagia. On the other hand, 27 (50.94%) patients showed successful outcome for pain and 30 (60%) showed for mass effect.
Conclusion: Abdominal myomectomy is an ideally applicable procedure for the removal of fibroids.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Aarts JW, Nieboer TE, Johnson N, et al. Surgical approach to hysterec-tomy for benign gynaecological disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;(8):CD003677.
- Bogani G, Cliby WA, Aletti GD. Impact of morcellation on survival out¬comes of patients with unexpected uterine leiomyosarcoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2015;137(1):167-172.
- Carranza-Mamane B, Havelock J, Hemmings R, et al. The management of uterine fibroids in women with otherwise unexplained infertility. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015;37(3):277-288.
- Donnez J, Donnez O, Matule D, Ahrendt HJ, Hudecek R, Zatik J et al (2016) Long-term medical management of uterine fibroids with ulipristal acetate. Fertil Steril 105(1):165–173, e4
- Drayer SM, Catherino WH. Prevalence, morbidity, and current medi¬cal management of uterine leiomyomas. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;131(2):117-122.
- Luketic L, Shirreff L, Kives S, Liu G, El Sugy R, Leyland N, Solnik MJ, Murji AJ (2017) Does Ulipristal Acetate Affect Surgical Experience at Laparoscopic Myomectomy? Minim Invasive Gynecol (17):30227–3
- Sancho JM, Delgado VS, Valero MJ, Soteras MG, Amate VP, Carrascosa AA (2016) Hysteroscopic myomectomy outcomes after 3-month treatment with either Ulipristal Acetate or GnRH analogues: a retrospective comparative study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 198:127–30
- Singh SS, Belland L. Contemporary management of uterine fibroids: focus on emerging medical treatments [published correction appears in Curr Med Res Opin. 2016;32(4):797]. Curr Med Res Opin. 2015;31(1):1-12.
- Vilos GA, Allaire C, Laberge PY, et al. The management of uterine leio-myomas. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015;37(2):157-181.